New Product Introduction Engineer
Location Dublin North Salary Negotiable Ref. No. AM16890 Duration Permanent Division Medical Device Description
New Product Introduction Engineer - North Dublin.
Our client has Engineering opportunities within the NPI (New Product Introduction) department in support of active new projects.
The roles are based at the facility in Dublin and will involve occasional travel to supplier site and to development locations in USA.
Candidates may be appointed at either Product Engineer or Senior Engineer level depending on qualifications and experience.
The profile of work includes the following aspects .
1. Design for manufacturing inputs to design review process
2. Standardising of parts to enable platforming
3. Manufacturing process design and development (including tools, fixtures, process instructions)
4. Test process design (including data acquisition and analysis)
5. Cost modelling and cost down projects
6. Liaising with suppliers, acquisition and development of newer suppliers and incorporation of supplier feedback
7. Acquisition of diverse technologies from supplier including design, commissioning and management of a diverse range of moulds and capital equipment
8. Key interface between core R&D and downstream manufacturing
Interested applicants should have :
1. Minimum degree level in Engineering, technology or scientific field
2. Experience in low-volume / high-mix manufacturing or development
3. Core capability in a particular technology e.g. electronics, mechanical, plastics , fluidics etc.
4. Cross-technology expertise or aptitude
5. CAD literate
6. Aptitude in IT manufacturing support applications such as Sap, Oracle
7. Strong communication and collaboration skills across function
8. Technical writing, work planning and organisation skills
9. Analytical and problem solving ability
Training will be provided as necessary to familiarise suitable candidates with the regulatory environment in the medical technology sector in which the company operates