Key responsibilities (please specify if the position is an individual one or part of a team) :
1. Lead NPI development requirements and work with cross functional teams in the Innovation Centre and with the Value Streams.
2. Design, develop and source tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for manufacturing processes. Co-ordinate with internal and external partners.
3. Provide design for manufacturing technical input to global design groups to minimize lifecycle cost.
4. Deliver stable manufacturing solutions in line with stability metrics process.
5. Management of R&D test parts and sample requests.
6. Conduct detailed product design reviews.
7. Development of advanced manufacturing processes to lean guidelines.
8. Manage risk management and validation lifecycle for new process or process changes.
9. Management of the Asset Lifecycle for new equipment (URS / RA / IQ / OQ / PQ).
10. Full budget responsibility for project capital and expense spend
11. Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for overall process
12. Influence innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on failure model and overall risk
13. Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term
14. Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF THE JOB HOLDERS RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervisory / Managerial responsibilities
please specify if the position will have persons reporting to it) :
The candidate will not have direct reportees. However, as part of the TCS team onsite, he / she will be expected to participate in business discussions
Other responsibilities Budgets, targets, equipment
please specify) : N / A
Key Skills / Knowledge :
1. Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
2. Flexible work ethic.
3. Strong influencing skills.
4. Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
5. Problem Solving skills to assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
6. Decision Making required to make decisions on technical issues.
7. Degree of responsibility must be capable of taking direction and taking responsibility and ownership for systems.
8. Excellent planning & organization skills.
9. Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
10. Continuous Improvement Focus
Experience required : Essential requirement :
Essential requirement :
1. Degree in Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing Engineering is preferable and basic experience in a medical device or comparable hi-tech environment.
2. Proven track record in development and Installation of manufacturing processes for New Products or Product Transfer.
3. Experience using proven problem solving / Root techniques (8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
4. Demonstrated ability to lead sub teams within a project and give direction to fellow team members, contractors, vendors to complete tasks to a defined timeline.
5. Self motivated, with focus on Quality, Timelines and Cost.
6. Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
7. Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
8. Expert knowledge of lean manufacturing processes
Desirable requirement :
1. Certified Six Sigma qualifications.
2. Certified Project Management qualifications.
3. CAD / CAM Experience